Tuesday, September 15, 2009

THE ABYSS OF DREAMS

I dream of encounters

skin touching skin

a fly’s breath and reverie

revelry

subtle wine drunk from the lips

of one who draws me

into her own magic

I have dreamed of dances

naked hilltop leaps toward the stars

gibbering songs of exquisite joy

daring escapades of love and chaos

We howl our fire out into the night

and the stars grow brighter.

*

Someday an armadillo

may crawl through the windmills

of vast oceans of sperm

Then there will be green fountains

spurting through the warm breasts

of a vampire dog

whose grandmother

sped like a horse shoe

through the doors of my own

little fart.

*

While werewolves roamed

the fields of despair

a little man

with a crab for a head

snapped off the nose

of a corporate shill

The resounding effects

of this mermaid-like orgasm

are still found wandering

through the deserts of New Hampshire

where fish have begun to eat pasta

and my grandmother to suck twat.

*

Are the eyeballs of situationists

so round that they fit between

the gears of a historical moment

that rode in on a half polluted marmoset

and shouted out the challenge of a pelican

against the dull façade

of a grey dawn?

*

If I flipped you on your back

amid the flaming dreams of swordfish

dancing for a swift albatross

would you see the vital signs

of a florid coral unicorn

that swept away the flowers

of a rattle snake in heat

whose mother danced a tango

naked with the concubines

of a solemn polar bear?

*

There are dreams that dance

through great disasters

hidden in the wings

of a fruit bat

They wander over crescents

that tattoo the feathers

of a yellow-bellied coot

And they feast upon

the drainage pipes

that twist into the sculptor

of an island made of coconuts

and fur.

*

Remember the gypsy albatross

whose fiddle was made from

the thin hair of a titmouse

and strung with the wings of

a rabid dog

From its mouse-shaped body

he caressed the most feral melodies

dancing apple trees

that coupled with the dusty desert wind

and fell like an old tomato

on the lawn.

*

There were dreams in my suitcase

when I came into your town

There were ocelots and rare snakes

made from strange perfumes

that I had gathered from the wildflowers

of a tropical Siberia

These treasures were my labor

and my play

And yet this did not stop you

from declaring them a menace

and demanding that I turn them into

tokens for your subway

that carries only rancid milk

and the suffering sheep

that you have fleeced

But my dreams have exploded

into tigers of wrath

and dragons spitting poison

through the nightmares

of your wretched

public safety.

*

Poetic endeavors flash like lightning

across the midnight sky

or swing through treetops

like a gibbon in heat

seeking a fruit made of teardrops

While a million stars flicker

in their deranged eyes

a thousand dancing girls

swirl into the abyss

singing aleatory arias

of solitude and dreams

This is the sign we’ve been waiting for

the reason to run through the markets

laughing like great apes.

*

In the stark light

of a burning cop car

my faint silhouette

takes the form of an icicle

hanging in fine resolution

from the nose of a drunken

orangutang

The fine cold fire

of my passion

seethes like a dagger burning

in the heart of a politician.

*

It was the theft of the spiraling dancer

who leapt with chimpanzees through jungles of snow

that led me to howl with the dolphin’s strange glee

as I grasped unhinged legs

that scampered with antelope fury

through the head of a pagan leaf-muncher.

*

I race like a chipmunk

through saturnalian dreams

devouring black pineapples

in the screaming heart of a hurricane.

I gathered the afternoon daisy crop

and pressed it between telescopes

that focused on a galaxy

deliriously dancing

as my mother played trombone

in my bathtub.

*

I run like a peacock

over rabid plains

where the howls of icicles

pierce the starry sky.

Here I have seen eyes

with kaleidoscopic fangs

that chew the hearts

out of dinosaur eggs.

Where myths explode

such monsters have their dance

and howling laughter pierces through the winds.

No comments:

Post a Comment